Jan 15, 2011

So I got real excited...

So yesterday a woman I work with asked me the question that all of us ladies want to be asked. All of us, every one of us, in this tone, in this way... because as women, we work really hard to make life look easy. We wash and blow dry and spritz and curl our hair so it looks like we hopped out of the pool and spent the day on the beach. We shop and try on and match and change outfits 33 times so that we look put together, but casually put together, like 'oh, you think that looks great together, this ole' thing.'

Right? or maybe that's just me.

But today, ladies (and gents, see this is a little insight), today my co-worker saw me eating my yummy homemade chocolate chip cookies and asked "how do you love sweets so much, and look so great?"

WHAT?! She just said "look so great"!!!

Now, I have to post a disclaimer: I don't think I'm fat, I don't have self-esteem issues (until I get in the dressing room lighting at Target), and yet I don't think I'm some swimsuit model either, please! But oh how every girl wants to hear that, especially from another woman, especially as I stuff a cookie into my mouth like 'oh me?'

Just exciting. If you don't think so, maybe we have not met yet. But just something I wanted to share. Especially since we have not loaded our latest pictures to the computer yet because I have been soooo busy thesis-ing.

Lots more to say, just not enough time. Tune in next time, and find out whatever adventures Martin Luther King Jr. days takes us to.... and the more interesting parts of our lives after this hardcore thesis-ing weekend.

And today, go ahead...tell a woman she looks great (however if you don't know her and you're a man... that may be a little creepy).

1 comment:

  1. I totally get what you're saying and can hear exactly how the woman said it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...