May 21, 2014

It Finally Stopped Blinking and Said

So I think we left off with the negative pregnancy test...

Wednesday March 19, 2014

It's been ten says since that first Sunday. I spent a little too much time today figuring out how many days after we got pregnant with Hannah until my pregnancy test actually showed a positive. By the end of the calculation I figured that taking all signs into account - today would be the day the test would turn positive. Maybe I just tested too early a few days ago. Or maybe my body's just adjusting to life after pregnancy.

I know my heart still is.

Thursday March 20, 2014

I told both Kyle and myself last Sunday that I'd wait until Saturday before taking a second test. It's not that I'm holding onto the fact that we could be pregnant because I can't accept the truth that we may not be. But I actually think it's quite near impossible that we could be pregnant right now. My body though, seems to think otherwise.

Friday March 21, 2014

So I know I said I'd wait until Saturday. But I just couldn't. So this morning I woke up and snuck off the the bathroom and pulled out the second of my three-pack of pregnancy tests. I followed the instructions to the t. Then I stared. I have no idea if there is a second line or not. There's more of a line than there was on Sunday, or maybe I'm seeing things. I have no idea. But it looks a lot like the faint line I saw last year before the next test confirmed pregnancy. But there's a reason someone invented the digital tests... right? What would you think if you saw this result? Try moving your head back and forth...



Kyle laughed when I went in the room and told him of my confusion. He said 'I thought you were waiting until Saturday.' I just replied with 'well I was.'

So today on my way home I saw the Walgreen's in Tyler. It's the same Walgreens I walked into and purchased a pack of digital pregnancy tests almost a year ago. That was the pack that told us Hannah was coming. I passed the store, and then decided that sentimentality got the best of me and I made a U-turn in five o'clock traffic. I went back to the store, to the same cash register and bought the tests. Somehow that made me quite happy.

Sunday March 23, 2014

I didn't take the test on Saturday. It took all my will power. But I told Kyle I'd wait until Sunday. And if we were pregnant that'd give me just a little more of the hormone needed to make the test turn positive on Sunday.

Well today is Sunday.

I woke up this morning at 5:45. I was hungry and I had to pee. Can anyone say pregnancy? I tried to stay in bed a little longer so Kyle and I could rest, but I thought I might wet the bed. So I got up and headed to the bathroom. I tried to be quiet as I pulled my digitial test out of the wrapper. I read the instructions probably three times before I was ready. Man I was nervous.

I took the test and then waited on the little hour glass symbol. The little timer blinked in the screen as I waited. I tried to be all nonchalant and look around the room like I wasn't crazy nervous. But really my eyes were burning a hole through that test. I'm not sure if they can make faster tests, but man those three minutes are a lifetime.

Then it finally stopped blinking and said:

Pregnant


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...