Jul 15, 2013

Six & Seven Weeks

April 23, 2013 Six Weeks Six Days  (Or so we thought)

Today I turned twenty-six.

No one called me this year and told me I had tuberculosis on my birthday.

Instead we're celebrating a number of things. I don't have tuberculosis. I don't take tuberculosis medicine anymore. And we are having a baby.

Last year we were trying to have a baby and they called me on my birthday. I sat in a waiting room for the results of my very first pregnancy test to make sure I could get an x-ray for my tuberculosis. It's like the Lord has come full circle, and while I may not have said this a few weeks ago, but I feel like the Lord is somehow keeping a promise he made to me one year ago today. That he is reassuring us that he is in control, and that he loves us, and that he provides for us. If it were appropriate to name a child tuberculosis bacterium, I'd probably do it. 

We took more pictures, these would be the "Week Six" pictures. We've got the "our baby is the size of a pea this week" pictures, baby's growing quite a bit, the size of a sweet pea at six weeks they say. I figured that the girls get to take fun 'bump' pictures so we're getting Kyle to take pics with the fruit/veggie of the week. Maybe I'll start a new trend on Pinterest... or maybe not.




This one's my favorite. I can picture Kyle holding our little kiddo with the same smile 



We went with the "It's My Birthday" theme for the weekly 'bump'picture. We had balloons and gift bags already... I could not resist, I was excited.




I'm not sure why I didn't wear shoes for these pictures... or why I didn't wear more form fitting shirts... or fix my hair, lol...



April 30, 2013 Seven Weeks Six Days

Last week I read about the 25% of women that don't get morning sickness, and I thought to myself, "oh wow, that must be me!"

I was wrong.

Today has been categorized by nausea. Like nausea when sleeping, when walking, when sitting, when bending over to get the milk out of the refrigerator, when bending over to change pants, when hungry, when full.

After a few nights of 'Whatever You Can Find' on the menu at the Hess House, I figured I needed to go to the grocery store and buy us some real food. Last week I bought tons of healthy things like spinach and beans and cabbage. (Eww, gagged at the thought of cabbage...) Stop typing cabbage... This week it was hard to look at some of the items in the store without gagging...

This was the list this week. My poor husband's last ten days here in Texas eating 'homecooked' food and here I am buying canned goods, salty things, and the most processed foods I can think of:
  • Organic Skim Milk
  • Reduced Sugar Frosted Flakes
  • Cinnamon Life Cereal: May be lacking on fiber, but it's got 100% of folic acid!
  • Kraft Mac & Cheese
  • Hamburger Helper: Beef Noodle and Double Cheeseburger
  • Chunky Soup: Beef Vegetable, Rib Roast, and Pot Roast
  • Ingredients for Chicken Pot Pie: including Canned Chicken, because cooking chicken sounds gross...
  • Mott's Natural Apple Sauce
  • 1 Box of Strawberry Jello, 1 Box of Strawberry Banana Jello, & a ready-to-eat 4 pack of Strawberry Jello... because who can wait 4 hours for Jello to set?
  • Sara Lee 100% Whole Wheat Bread and Polander Strawberry Jelly (PB&Js)
  • Red Grapes
  • Bananas and Frozen Fruit for Smoothies
  • Canada Dry Ginger Ale
  • A Small Jar of Olives, only because we need them for this week's picture. NOT because they sound appetizing...

So on the Menu this week is: Canned Soup, Chicken Pot Pie, Mac & Cheese, Hamburger Helper... so much for 'homecooked'...

So there it is. $66 worth of food I think I'll be able to actually stomach. I think. At least there's been no throwing up yet. And we still have our sweet little baby growing, so I'm a-o-k with the nausea if that means a healthy baby on the way. Just hoping it doesn't mean TWO healthy babies are on the way... right?

Baby's the size of a blueberry this week. Growing fast.




Then these are the "Seven Week" bump pictures that really say "8." We didn't know. So we held up a large golden eight... Oops. I also apparently forgot to take a picture of the actual 'bump.' Double oops.




Then my photo uploader did a funny thing and made this little animated GIF out of all my silly pictures. I figured it was too hilarious not to include... Feel free to make fun...


That's us at 7 weeks... or so we thought. We're new at this, so you ma have to give us some slack...

1 comment:

  1. I freaking love this. And freaking love y'all. So pumped for little Hess!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...