Jul 29, 2013

Seven Weeks: Take Two

Seven Weeks of pregnancy, take two. Now that we've been given a December 24th due date. The week count for May 8th was officially seven. It was an interesting week: our third anniversary, Kyle leaving for Colorado, and Mother's Day.

May 8, 2013
7 Weeks, 1 Day
Woke up this morning and snuggled with Kyle while we played 'our song' on the radio. It IS our anniversary today, even though it's also John's birthday, and also the day Kyle leaves for Colorado. I like snuggling with Kyle. He is the best husband.

This morning we met the summer camp team early in the church parking lot and drove over to surprise John with a donut breakfast party. I kind of love that stuff like that happens around here in Small Town, TX. 

7 Weeks Journal

How far along? 7 Weeks, 1 Day
Maternity Clothes? Nope, although yoga pants are my favorite right now.
Stretch Marks? Same old, same old.
Sleep? Sleeping great, waking up once to pee...
Best Moment This Week: Seeing our little guy (or girl) for the first time on the little ultrasound screen. Mostly when we got to hear the heartbeat and see that cute tiny heart beat on the screen. We're really having a baby, it's not just a condition. I think I'm in love already. I play the song "I can't help falling in love with you" often in my car... it's our (me and baby's) new song.
Miss Anything?: Sleeping the entire night... I already miss feeling skinny...
Movement? Nope. I guess the heart's moving :)
Food Cravings?: Anything that sounds good at the time. Oddly enough it's not ice cream or sweets, it's like two hot meals per day during work hours and snacks and more snacks.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Thinking about food makes me sick. But then when I get the food to my mouth I usually can't stop eating it if it's warm. A little concerned about moving to camp where the food options are a little more limited, okay, a LOT more limited.
Boy or Girl? No idea, I think I say 'little guy' more often, but to me that's gender neutral.
Labor signs? Nope. Although the pain from getting blood drawn makes me think I may not be as pain tolerant as I thought I was.
Belly Button In or Out? In.
Wedding Rings On or Off? On
Showing? I'm sure someone would say "Oh I can see your tummy already." Then I would hit them.
Happy or Moody Most of the Time: Pretty mellow. Tired this week, but not as miserable nauseous as last week so that's good.
Looking forward to: Camp. I know that has nothing to do with the baby, but I'm excited about camp!

Cold foods were my friend this week and I ate all flavors of red Jello more this week than I probably should. Cold & Fruity seemed to appease me. Or maybe I just wanted an excuse to eat my favorite foods...



May 12, 2013
7 Weeks, 5 Days

Kyle is in Colorado. He left a few days ago, but today he sent me a facebook message telling me to look in a secret place for a secret surprise. Here's what I found...


It was a giant-giant Mother's Day Card. My very first one.


I'm convinced I have the very best husband. It made me cry. I blame it on the hormones...

This week for some reason I thought it appropriate to see if I could fit my bloated preggo self into my wedding dress... it was my anniversary after all. Forgive me if you think I'm crazy. Kyle wasn't there to stop me, and I thought it was pretty clever.






This week they say the baby's the size of blueberry. Here's a review of our blueberry pictures. Because who doesn't love blueberries...



So there is it. Week Seven Take Two. Here we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...