Apr 1, 2014

First Christmas

March 7, 2014

Today I was looking at old pictures from the summer.

I saw the pictures from our Christmas in July up at Ute.

And then I got teary eyed. And a smile spread across my face. Because all this time I thought about how our sweet baby girl never got to spend a Christmas with us, not while we were pregnant, not in this world.

And then I realized that she did.

Our Christmas at Ute was her first and only Christmas with us. Surrounded by people we love, people that loved her. A dear friend even made up a gift that morning for all three of us. A sweet handmade frame just for our little family.



Today that made me smile.

Oh how the Lord surprises us. Sometimes with tears, sometimes with smiles, but always with joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...