Oct 24, 2012

The Hess House Tour

Along with celebrating the House-iversary, I figured a Hess House Tour was in order. After living in the house for an entire year, I realized you may only think we have 2 rooms in the entire house and a garden... according to the pictures on the blog.  Perfect time for a house tour, I think, because we have a few more rooms than two (but only a few, lol).

Room by room, we present the Hess House. The first pictures are from the very first time we saw the house and then the "now" pictures are what the house looks like now. There isn't a ton of change, mostly moving in our furniture and junk, really. Someday, someday we'll hang something on the walls.  I blame it on the thesis... which is over now so look out! Oh the potential...

You may notice that the first pictures of the bedroom, the guest bedroom, and the guest bathroom are not the greatest... turns out I never took pictures of them. I switched to video at that point in our tour with the Realtor and so I had to clip still images from the video for those pictures. Bad quality... maybe that's too complicated. Let's get on with things...

Without further ado, the Hess House:


Living Room

See that pretty brand new carpet and those freshly painted white-cream-beige walls! Funny how it looks both bigger and smaller than it does now all filled up.

Move-In






Now





There she is. Filled with all of our things. We're comfy there, we like the room. But we've got a few projects up our sleeves too. I'd like to make the color scheme a little lighter and brighter, maybe finally paint? ... and you have to see the new curtains which are actually on the walls right now, but didn't make the picture. Curtain pics will be coming with their very own post.


Kitchen

If you like wood, or wood paneling, you'll love the kitchen, lol. I actually do love our kitchen. Look at everything so shiny. The oven and microwave hadn't even been used yet they were so brand new... we cannot say the same for the wall oven, lol.

Move-In





Now




Our refrigerator takes up a little more space than I first imagined, but everything's pretty much the same. A little hint of us here and there, but really, same old, same old. The real magic happens when the cabonet doors are opened... oh the Fiestaware! Maybe we'll need open shelving some day, or glass doors... I do have many, many ideas...


Dining Room

So it's not actually a separate room, so I don't even have any before images, other than this one of the back living room... those vertical blinds... glad we took care of that.

Move-In


Now





I think it's charming, and we can pull in a few fold up chairs and seat eight... sort of. The table is up for a repair, repaint, and reupholster soon though :)

Back Living Room

We were stoked about this extra living space, the big back window/glass/door thing, and of course the vertical blinds. I mean who doesn't love a good combo of vertical blinds and wood paneling. :) But we do love the space. 

Move-In



Now


We're not quite sure what to do with this space yet. We love, love it and it's nice when we have people over to have more space. Especially with the day bed for sleep over guests... or laundry folding. Now it's the workout room, game room, room with the vibrating/massaging easy chair...  Sometimes we think about figuring out how to make a big doorway/opening in that wall to the living room, and sometimes we think about not doing that at all. Also, excuse the maroon and gold pillow color scheme, I made those when I went to college, I realize they match everything else I own. Don't judge me yet, I do have style, this is not it... you'll see... maybe...


Hall Bathroom

This is the "main bathroom." It's a good size, it's functional, it's clean. I think I saw the pink/peach tile and thought oooo time to re-tile, lol. Big mirror, good storage space, tub AND shower combo... and even one of those cool shower sprayer things. But notice there's no shower curtain rod...

Move-In




Now





Not much change. We've moved our stuff in and we did hang a shower curtain rod. Actually one of the first weeks we were in the house, maybe our first project in the house. Someday we'll tackle a little more in here.


Bedroom

This is the one we call the Master Bedroom. We knew that when we toured the house. See how Kyle loves it so much! It has 2 closets, 3 windows, and is the biggest bedroom. Every piece of paper we own on the house calls it the second bedroom or the guest bedroom... just because the other bedroom has it's own bathroom...

Move-In




Now


Sorry that's the only picture you get to see right now, we're still trying to get the bedroom clothing storage situation under control AKA it's a little messy!

The bedroom got a lot smaller when we put our King size bed in it! And really don't judge me yet on the colors, we've still got a long way to go in the looks department. But we do love the room! It has a fan, has beautiful light coming through the windows... and did I mention the blinds yet?? That was our second project on the house. The house came without curtains or window coverings (remember last Halloween?!), so we had to turn the lights off when we walked through the living room with our PJs on at night so no one could see us. We got those hung pretty quick. It's also our largest project to date on the house (can't believe I never posted those pictures...).


Guest Bedroom

And here's the guest bedroom. Pretty standard: two windows, one closet, a fan, and the smallest bathroom you've ever seen. It was a nice blank canvas when we moved in.

Move-In
Now


Not a lot of change here. We actually moved our furniture in and then moved it all out when we had some friends stay with us for a few months. They have great style and the room was super cute when they lived in there. Now we're back to the basics again. Really, lots of white... but we have ideas...


Guest Bathroom

We call this the smallest bathroom in the world, maybe it is. At least the smallest one that has a toilet, sink, and shower in it! I was pretty impressed. We don't think it's original to the home, maybe used to be a second closet? The drop ceilings, laminate wood flooring, and the pieced together shower kind of gave that one away...

Move-In


Now



Yep, no way around being in this picture. I thought about doing my hair and changing into a cute outfit or something... but this is my standard wardrobe, or jeans when it's cold. If I had more than two of this particular shirt I'd probably wear it even more often. Anyways, I also read that it's silly to turn your camera the way I did for portrait (with the grip down) that the real pros turn it with the grip up (so my hand would be on the top... so I'll have to work on that too I guess... anyway, back to the tour...


I tried to get the entire room into one picture... Nothing has really changed much at all in here. I re-caulked the shower last fall, but it's nothing fancy or anything. It really is a small bathroom, I couldn't really even photograph it well... so tiny. But we LOVE having 2 bathrooms.


Laundry Room

I don't have any before pictures of the laundry room, but I hated to leave it out. It's the best space in the world. It doesn't have air conditioning because it was once just a shop on the back of the carport before the carport became a garage. Now it's all closed in and it's great to not have to walk outside to do the laundry like in our rent house. There's a lot of storage space and room for sorting the laundry. I think it could have so much more organization, though, and a little more style of course.

[Okay so I went to take a picture of the laundry room and it's nutso... like more than a "five minute pick up and throw everything somewehere else for the picture" nutso. Some clothes are clean, some are dirty, they can't mix... so we'll add a picture later...forgive me.]


Outside

The house came with a lot of great storage buildings and yard space. We have a full-sized shop, a storage shed, a gazebo, a fenced in back yard, and a super large pecan tree. 

Move-In




If I was in the tour, Kyle should be too... it's only fair, right? He'll never have to know...

Now



Not much change really (Also I took that like the first day I got my camera before I knew what FOCUS was apparently...) We hung the front porch swing that came with the house, and well, we watered the grass. It's not all grass yet, we have plenty of weeds, but it's crazy to think that it's the same time of the year and our grass looks much, much GREENER now. We're a little proud of that, but other than the garden and the new plants and apple tree we haven't really done a lot with the 'landscaping.'

That's it, well most of it. I didn't take a picture of the garage yet because it really is a crazy mess in there. That's where we first put a lot of things when we moved in, and then we slowly moved everything into the house. I was out there the other day and found some great things that probably shouldn't be in the garage, they just got left. But I guess I didn't pick them up either...

Nothing from the back yard just yet because there are sticker weeds out there and I'm not taking the risk, lol... but I will soon. :)

There it is! We love our house! But we're planning on it looking quite a bit different for the next House-iversary, lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...