Oct 5, 2012

Freaky Friday

Happy Friday!

With it being October and all I'd like to share a scary little story. This is real, although many of the pictures are a reenactment, because, you know, in the trauma of the situation I was not thinking to grab my camera, or did I have any spare hands! But the last picture, it's real.

Here we go. So I was minding my own business and being the good girl that I am heading to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth before bed. I was by myself, remember, a man was not in the house: this is key.

So so I flipped the switch in the bathroom and I saw this...


A COCKROACH!! (Convenient that I had a fake roach at the house that I could use for this reenactment? Yes. Weird? Maybe.)


It was real, alive and much larger than this fake one. It had those long antenna things and it was all feeling around on the counter top like it couldn't see. Eww, eww, eww! I screamed. I jumped. These are NOT my favorite creatures.

So as I was freaking out and remembering that there was no man in my house I realized I would have to take care of this myself. I was NOT touching it... but I would not be able to sleep if I saw it scurry away. I would have nightmares about it crawling in my mouth as I was sleeping. I'm not kidding.


Then it started to crawl towards me. Nope, not going to happen. It crawled down the front of the cabinet and I grabbed my water cup as fast as I could and ...



I trapped it!! ...then I realized, I had trapped it, with a cup, on a cabinet door... What was I going to do with it? Was I going to sit there all night and just hold the cup? I could hear it's little legs flailing around in the cup and I was trying to think of every option. I was in my bathroom, with one hand glued to the cup... I didn't have many options. These things can FLY!

So I thought about trying to squish it with something. But it was so big, and I would have to either feel it crush under my hand if I did it with toilet paper or clean its guts up if I squished it with the trash can or something. No options there.

So I thought if I could find a piece of paper or card board I could slip it between the cup and the cabinet without the cockroach getting loose and then it would be trapped without be being trapped in the bathroom with it. No paper, other than toilet paper. No cardboard...

Other than Kyle's toothpaste box (he just got a new tube and threw away the old box). (You'll note in this fancy reenactment picture a cardboard toilet paper roll is used... you'll see why in a second).  So I ripped through the box one handed to make it as flat as I could. Still, by the way, the sound of little cockroach feet in the cup...



It was almost impossible, but it happened. And after one try and getting some kind of roach goo on the cardboard the first time, I was able to slip the cardboard under the cup without releasing the cockroach.

Then I realized I had trapped a cockroach in a cup, with a cardboard toothpaste box, and I was not about to kill it.

So I sent Kyle this text message:
I just trapped a roach to the wall with a cup... then had to figure out how to keep it trapped to the wall all while not moving my hand from the cup. It's waiting for you in the kitchen with the cup over it and the big Bible holding it down... I'm spraying for bugs tomorrow...



That's the real thing right there... that's why the toothpaste box was not available. There's a cockroach right in that thing...

But I guess big traumas call for big Bibles, lol... I just hope he doesn't escape...

Happy Friday.

1 comment:

  1. Only you would think of something like that. Still laughing. Mom

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...