Jan 4, 2012

New Year, New Ideas

So all the famous bloggers (you know, all the ones with lots of "followers" that I read during my lunch break) have been writing about their New Year's Resolutions.

And I'm actually having a very hard time remembering what my resolutions were for 2010. Really, I'm hoping maybe I blogged about it so I can find them...

...

Okay, so to save you some time I just checked and apparently I didn't actually set any resolutions. I did say I'd be using coupons and working out more. As for the coupons, we decided that our little town's limitation of Wal-Mart and only one local grocery store wasn't going to work for extreme couponing. As for working out, well I worked out a lot last winter, and then a lot again this summer...  ...

I think maybe I jumped on the other opposite bandwagon last year of "not setting any resolutions but simply reflecting on the year."

But I think I've decided I'll make a few this year. Why not? If I don't keep them what'll happen, maybe we'll get a few laughs next year thinking about what I thought I could do in 2012?

So here goes:
1. Work out more. I know that one was from last year. But it really is a good one. I don't need to join a gym or start a class, I just need to walk more and dance more with my husband and work in the yard and such... right. I'd like to have at least 2 active days a week. I'm setting the bar low. But of course then I'm thinking about training for another half marathon with my new Christmas running shoes... raising the bar.

2. I'd like to pay off our debt. Not our house, but my student loan from my internship. It's a modest loan, I'm still in school, so it's not due yet, and it's subsidized meaning that it doesn't accrue any interest at all while I'm in school and up to 6 months afterwards. My goal is to have it paid off my the end of May.

3. Finish my Masters. I feel like it's been a long time coming, but it's only really been 3.. oh that is a long time.  It should be tuned in my March at the latest and finalized by May. Oh that day will be so wonderful. And then I'm sure the very very next day I'll miss school... Really, that's me.

4. Host People in Our Home. We have our new wonderful house and I'd like to have people over more. Movie nights, dinners, Bible study. I'd like to share what we've been blessed with and make it a welcoming place of love and friendship and "sure I'm not doing anything either come over and we'll hang out" place. We'll see. But if you're in the Lindale area, be watching for an invite...
And after I feel as free as a bird in May, out of debt and done with school and all, then maybe I'll have time for Number 1 and Number 4, right?

5. Blog more. I know there are not millions of you reading this and I don't expect 5,000 people to stop by every day... I don't expect that I am the next greatest blogger of all time. But honestly, we have some funny stuff happening around here and I just forget to take out my camera, or don't know how to take a good picture, really. I make and try all kinds of yummy food, and we've got a lot of work on the house coming up this year. I'd like to write about it and share it and maybe you can even learn from my mistakes, lol... I'd rather not just forget to blog and send you a list of the things I did last month. But we'll see...

I'd also like to love my husband better, read more books, and sew pillows, be a better friend, and plant a wonderful garden and repaint almost every room in our home, and setup the kiln, and make lots of pottery, and be on time for work, and post more than once a week (month) on the blog.

But we'll see. A year's a long time, right. Who knows what'll turn up.

Update: I worked out twice already this week, really! Wii Biggest Loser Challenge Yoga and basketball practice... first game's on Saturday...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...