Dec 31, 2010

December 31, 2007

It's New Year's Eve.

Three years ago I woke up in the grandkid play room at Kyle's parents' house in Norman. Three years ago I had been traveling with the best and greatest Amy Wheeler and Kate Spytek in our adventure from Wisconsin to Texas to Louisiana.


See Amy and I flew up to visit Kate in her hometown and to help her drive her car all the way back to Baton Rouge after a semester abroad. We loaded up the car, decided not to shower, and headed to Dallas for 52 College Conference. In "our" plan, we thought "oh when we get to Tulsa, we'll get a hotel room and drive the rest of the way the next day'... in Kyle, Amy and Kate's plan they thought "oh we'll keep driving to Norman and stay with Kyle's parents (Kyle was living there) and then Brittany and Kyle will fall madly in love."


Do I have to tell you who won?

So we arrived that night at Kyle's parents house and ALL his sisters were present. All family members greeted us at the door at about oh, 10:45pm... did I mention that we didn't shower that day 'because we wouldn't be seeing anyone we knew.'


The next morning Kate and Amy sneakily had to drive to Dallas to pick up a friend at the airport and there would not be any room in the car for me then... so I would just have to ride the 4 hour ride to Sky Ranch with Kyle ;)

New Year's Eve was the day that I realized how my little crush was way more than that, and how this Kyle Hess character was more than I could have imagined. His family was wonderful, and hometown great, and on top of that we was a great driver too!

December 31, 2007 was the day Kyle Hess and I held hands for the very first time!... and the day he asked, and I officially became his 'girlfriend!' ...bet you can guess what followed a few years later :)

Jill Marie Photography By Jill Pfalser

Happy New Year's Eve! Hold someone's hand!

2 comments:

  1. I say Kiss someone, because it is New Years Eve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Love it! Happy New Years!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...