May 10, 2013

Hess Yard

I told you guys that we've been busy. And our yard's been busy too. It's spring for sure at the Hess House. Let me show you.

First the bees are busy. The boy holly tree is putting out pollen like it's going out of style. And the bees are loving it. Like Kyle and I got out of the car one day and heard a hummmm. There were so many bees in the tree that you could hear the buzz from feet away. I figure all those bees are good for the fruit trees and plants...

 I mean check out the blueberries. There are so many little ones on the big bush.


And there are so many big ones on the little bush. I need to hurry and get a bird net so that the birds don't take all our blueberries like they did last year.


Isn't my husband cute when he waters the blueberries...


And the apple tree is looking great. Lots of new growth. And while it doesn't look much taller than it did last year, you have to remember that it kind of had a rough summer last year.


But with the bees buzzing, I'm thinking we may have apples this fall?!

Then we took a look at these bushes in the front yard. I trimmed them up a few weeks ago... It was looking pretty pathetic before.


After trimming they still needed a little more work. We pulled out the dead bush in the middle and replaced it with a transplanted bush from the corner. I'm not sure if it will live, but we're watering it often and we're still hopeful...


I filled in the hole where another dead bush was... and then I moved all the liriope to the edges of the bed.

Moved the liriope in the corner and spread some mulch we had left over in the garage from last year. Doesn't it look soooo much better??


So it's not as miracle or anything, but I think it looks better than when we started.

Just a little yard work and the house feels a lot better. I mean even the moms are blooming from last fall. Gotta love a flower that comes back year after year...


Happy Spring. Enjoy it, because it's almost summer... And of course, Happy Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...