Nov 5, 2014

Thirty One Weeks: Celebrating You

Our sweet little Lincoln arrived early on Tuesday November 4th. Oh we are so in love. While I'm away staring at my baby while he sleeps, we'll catch up to birth day with the weekly posts. With him coming four weeks early, we have a bit of catching up to do!

October 4, 2014

Thirty One Weeks



Little Tiny Human,

Today we celebrated you!

Your family up in Norman threw a party for you and me and daddy today. There was fruit and cookie cake and cake balls and those little tiny sausages that your dad loves. The room was decorated in blue and there were toy trucks all around.

If you couldn't tell, we're all excited about the little boy that you are.

I'll tell you the truth. You probably got a sugar high today because I ate so much cookie cake. Your momma loves herself some Great American Cookie Company cookie cake. Just remind me of that when it's your sixth birthday and you want a 'real' cookie cake and I'm telling you that I'll make one at the house. Remind me that yes, I can save money that way, but remind of how good cookie cake is and how I was the one who exposed you to it in the first place and got you hooked...

But today we celebrated you.

And this week your daddy told me that he's finally letting himself get excited, really excited about you.

Every day that we get closer to meeting you, I believe just a little more that you're coming home. That you'll get to play with the toy trucks. And that you'll get to have a sixth birthday.

I can't wait to meet you. But there's also a crowd in Norman who will be lining up to hold you too.

Love always,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...