Jan 11, 2013

Ute Trail Ski Trip 2013

As I massage my sore calves from the skiing, I'll share with you the pictures of beautiful snow and Colorado mountains...We were up in Colorado for the annual Ute Trail ski trip hanging with a few of our favorite camp people. A little skiing, a little snow, and a whole lot of board games :)

Day one we were getting everyone in their cabins and relaxing around the lodge. Fire building, piano playing, board games...



This is what it looks like when you don't win at Farkle... right Lanie?


Day two we were busy making breakfast, getting out lunch packing supplies, and cooking up a big ole pot of Dad's recipe chili. I apparently didn't take any pictures...

Day three we went skiing! We headed to Monark Mountain and had some great snow to work with. Nice powder, no ice, and a lot of locals. It had been a few years since I had skied, but I warmed up pretty fast... and I didn't even stop any of the lifts this year...



Look at me and Kyle at the top of the highest mountain! It's right on the contenintal divide and it was beautiful.


This was a better picture of the view. And sorry about the huge hood in my face, it was COLD out and I was making sure my head didn't freeze...



And then after the day of skiing. We don't look too bad, we said we 'stopped skiing before skiing stopped us.'


And then day four was adventures out in the snow around camp and Lake City. It was also a time I decided to get out my camera and snap a few pictures of camp covered in snow. And test out my new 50mm lens outdoors; all of these pictures were taken with the 50mm with various settings of course.



This one's our Colorado home, our little cabin for the summers: Powderhorn. I made Kyle carry me over the threshold when we first moved there a week after we were married. It was our first home together...





Camp's old barn. It's got a museum inside. I'll be glad to give you a tour, really, just ask...


This one's the home of some of our favorite friends on camp. I didn't know if they had a good picture of their home yet. They live here all year, snow and everything!



Then I headed over to catch the boys playing football in the snow (great time to test out action shots)...


My favorite snow football player... yep, he had an interception, and he made someone bleed... :)


Sean the new intern...


Max...


Mitch...


The star of the game... the football of course. Isn't that a fun shot?


Will...


The other new photographer in town, the cutest snow football photographer... Mrs. McGuire.



 After the boys (halfway) recovered from the football game we all headed into town to go tubing. I jumped on a tube and popped it (which made me wish I had more New Year's Resolutions). Then rode down a few times. Best thing were these two pictures... which unfortunatley I can't say I took. But this is a picture of a few of our Ute Trail staff from last summer.


And then someone said 'make a pyramid!'


Anyone recognize the lake?? This is Lake San Cristobal that we canoe and kayak on in the summer, completely FROZEN!



We walked on it. Cracks and all... can you see the crack in the ice between Jill's feet?





It was a wonderful trip, so good to be back 'home' in Colorado with so many of our Colorado and Texas friends. A little cooking, a little dish, a lot of family :) This was most of our Ute staff there right before we said goodbye... may have teared up multiple times during the trip recounting memories of the summer staff...


Oh Colorado...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...