Nov 14, 2012

Callin' Baton Rouge

So I think I maxed out my sister's phone on Saturday saying, "oo, oo, take a picture of this." First because I decided to bring my new fancy camera to BR, but then decided not to bring it on campus for game day. That was probably a smart decision, but then it got real exciting, and like I said, we wore out her camera phone, lol...

So it's a three day weekend for me, Kyle's heading up Warrior weekend at camp this weekend, so I headed down to BR to see the fam. Mom and Dad had to stay in Lake Charles, but crazy enough Friday night I had dinner with my 2 brothers, my sister, my sister's boyfriend, my brother's girlfriend, my cousin, my aunt and uncle! Talk about good times. And I had Louisiana food, so that's a good time anyway...








But Saturday was the real kicker. Game day at LSU, tailgating, purple and gold, Homecoming....

And you know homecoming means parades! And you know how I love parades!



See they even had this crazy hearse, you know because we play in "Death" Valley, oh Tiger fans...



Hang time with my sister, checking out everything new on campus. A lot has changed in the last 3 years since I lived there. New Union, new HUGE bookstore, all kinds of fanciness.




This awesome mosaic tiger was on the wall... maybe we should re-tile the bathroom? :)



I mean there was a toy section in the bookstore, and right after I said, "why would they have a toy section in the LSU Bookstore?" I found this gem!




Didn't buy it but we all remember having one of those right? Now it's "Vintage" maybe I am getting old, lol...



So we did our fair share of tailgating and headed to the game. I was meeting an old friend of mine and then we ended up on the field. Crazy? I know. How it happened? Well that's top secret, lol.



The best part though was being on the field with my sister. She worked for the football team last year so she was kind of back in her element. She got to see the guys she worked with last year, just funny when the LSU quarterbacks do silly waves at your sister because she took care of them last year. Also crazy that Les Miles knows her by name. He saw her and made sure to chat it up and see how she was doing. My sister's kind of a rock star like that, lol. She makes me proud (but of course she made me proud before she knew any of these big shots, too.)


I mean look at her shoes. How could she not be crazy cool...



Then came some of my favorite moments down there on the field. So a lady asks my sister to take a picture of her family all together. Normal thing, right? Then she sees my sister's ring. No, no, she's not engaged. She's just a baller like I said, lol.


Working for the team, she of course got an SEC Championship ring last year. When she put it on to wear it to the game I kind of laughed. Then she said, "well, where else can I really wear it?" I agreed. LSU football game would be the appropriate place to wear a rock like that. And the lady on the field agreed with me. The lady's staring down my sister's ring and then just "had to ask" what the ring was for. Leading to people getting real excited about it, including one dad with 3 little boys. They all got to "try it on" and take pictures with the ring. My sister kind of made their day, or week or something. But she's been doing that kind of stuff for a while now, lol. These were those kiddos, in awe of the players...



We had a little more craziness, nervousness, not sure when we were supposed to leave the field...but we finally made it to our seats in the student section. Oh the student section. This time I wasn't painting up boys to spell out messages across the stadium, I wasn't front row, or a student for that matter, but it was great. I kept asking my sister if I "fit in" or if I looked to old, she told me I looked great, you know until she called me out because they "don't do the cheer that way anymore." What can I say, the real fans still do it that way, lol. My sister kept saying how neat it was that she used to come with me to LSU games and now I was going with her :)



We ate lots of peanuts, cheered much, danced until our feet thought they were going to actually fall off, and rallied the Tigers to victory. Sang the Alma Mater with the team and with the band...



... drove to Cane's (of course) and then called it a night.

Pretty crazy down in BR. Loved getting to hang out with my brother and sister, and tell my sister all the stories of "well, when I was here..." And she's a good sister and humored me, listened to all my stories, lol...

But that was only Saturday...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...