Oct 22, 2015

Lincoln: Five Months, Honestly

Today I'm going to be honest with you.
 
I forgot to write about my son turning five months old.
 
I guess we were busy with Easter and travelling and packing for Colorado. I'm not sure of my other excuses. I promise to someday write all the details about when little Lincoln boy was five months old. But I can't find my notes. All I know is that he weighed 18 pounds 5 ounces and that he hadn't started solids yet. I know he was chunky and I know he was quite immobile, couldn't sit up yet, but still made us smile ALL. THE. TIME.
 
So I thought, 'well I could make something up, or I could just tell the truth.' So here it is.
 
 
Five Months
"April 5, 2015"
 
Little Buddy,
 
I love you.
 
Tell the truth always. If needed, follow Grandma's advice and 'if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.' If needed, substitute 'true' for 'nice' in the previous sentence and that'll do.
 
I love you.
 
I just spent more time loving you this month than writing about you. Enjoy the pictures. I'm sure you won't be this tiny forever.
 
Love always,
Mom
 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...