Aug 12, 2013

The Real Eight to Ten Weeks

Get ready for a fast forward into the present. Like I mentioned before, we're already past 20 weeks with this kiddo in the belly and I'm only at 8 weeks on the blog. I know it may be more info than some of you may want to read, but who knows, our little kiddo may be interested in the details... if baby's anything like Mama ;)

So we're going to be flying through months of pregnancy in just a few weeks here on the blog. Starting with weeks eight to ten... man feels like forever ago.

May 16, 2013 
Eight Weeks, 2 Days

We're at camp. I made it through the turbulence on the flight, however, this morning I did not make it through the Human Resources presentation. We were in the lodge and they were cooking up lots of raw meat in the adjoining kitchen... chills/nausea and I ran out of the room. I left the lodges and went to find the new director's wife Angie. I started with "Guess what? I'm pregnant!" and followed with "but I feel really cold and shaky and I don't know what to do... what should I do?" A few questions in and I had to run out the back door. 

And then I threw up. Oh it was awful . Kyle was a sweetheart, he ran right out to help me. He even tucked in the back of my shirt when it may have 'ridden up' a little... oops. Angie got me cold water and a cold rag and Kyle rubbed my back. I thought 'well, we're pregnant for sure now.'

The night ended with a fever, chills, body aches, and what I'm convinced was a short bout of something awful. I kind of panicked, and then I rested. I think we still have a baby in there... if the sickness didn't ruin it...

May 28, 2013
Ten Weeks, 0 Days

How far along? 10 Weeks
Maternity Clothes? Not yet, but buttoning my skinny jeans is getting harder in the tummy area.
Stretch Marks? Nothing new.
Sleep? Not the best, mostly due to the post-nasal drip and the coughing and the Colorado.
Best Moment This Week: Throwing up... just kidding. Maybe crying while sharing devo with our staff, listening to the song Worn, and sharing the Lord's goodness (without sharing our baby secret).
Miss Anything?: I would love a medium rare steak. Or the ability to choose anything for a meal and not worry about the nausea.
Movement? Not yet.
Food Cravings?: Been eating a lot of cinnamon Teddy Grahams and cinnamon Pop Tarts... only because it's an easy mid-meal snack. Craving cold juicy things... watermelon anyone?
Anything making you queasy or sick? Pulled pork. Eww, especially the recipe I make with the homemade coleslaw. Oh I'm queasy just thinking about it.... Oh also the post-nasal drip... gagging every few seconds when I talk. In front of people... pretending like it's not weird at all...
Boy or Girl? No guesses yet. When people ask, "so do you want a girl or boy?" I think about how silly of a question that is... like we could choose. And then it freaks me out because I start to think, "oh my goodness this thing inside me is going to have a gender and be a REAL PERSON! ...not just a condition..."
Labor signs? None. Think it's way to early for that.
Belly Button In or Out? In.
Wedding Rings On or Off? On
Showing? I don' think so. Maybe it's just all the pop tarts I've been eating...
Looking forward to: The next appointment. Which is technically next week. I want to hear the doctor say that baby's healthy even though I got sick, and am coughing up a lung. Please don't let me have gotten the baby all germy inside already...

As for pictures, apparently we didn't take any pictures of me while at camp. Remember we were trying to still be pretty discrete up at camp. And also at nine weeks the baby is the size of a green olive... which I could not fathom smelling without gagging. At ten weeks I headed back to Texas to wrap up the school year, while Kyle kept plugging away at camp. It was a little easier to take pictures there.

I spent my days at work and my break time eating cold things... you know, like Wendy's Frosties. A lot of Frosties.


Or what a friend of mine describes as Mimosas. Don't worry, they were baby friendly. I was downing sparkling grape juice and orange juice with calcium like it was going out of style.


It was also easier in Texas to read every book I could get my hands on about pregnancy and childbirth and things of the sort. Books from friends... books from the library... so I thought it appropriate to include them in the picture.





Oh the reading. I really did read non-stop once I was home from work for those two weeks. I think I almost read all of these, oh and an entire book online too...


At nine weeks there is a little discrepancy in the 'your baby is the size of a' statistics. Some people say grape... some say kumquat... some say prune. I don't think any of them are the same size, so I just went with all three. We'll catch up later with Kyle and the fruit of the week since he was in Colorado.





It was a good two weeks in Texas, but by the end I was ready to get me and baby-in-the-belly back to see 'dad' in Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...