Aug 16, 2013

The New Hess House Projects

So remember back in the spring when I had lofty goals of spray painting everything in the house? Well, they tell me pregnant ladies aren't supposed to spray paint things (at least not without heavy duty air/face mask things), so we've altered the project list a bit. And then you know we're all 'having a baby' and a few more things became priority...

I'm not sure if it's what they call 'nesting' or if it's just being back actually in our house, but I kind of got started on a few projects already...


I may have bought all the wood and supplies to build us a new headboard... and now the lumber's just hanging out in the living room... But could not be more excited about building this headboard. It's been on my 'list' for months or maybe even years now.



And you may have seen this pic on Instagram when Kyle had the truck and I was left to stuff all this in my car...


But then I also got back and decided to start a garden. Late in the season? Maybe. But last year I realized we have tomatoes and bell peppers all the way until the snow at Christmas! So I figured it would be worth a shot. Because of the sale at the local nursery (It's their 44th Anniversary) the $2.99 for pack of 6 was also 44% off. Making my 6 tomato plants and 6 bell pepper plants a grand total of $3.35 with tax.


Can't beat that price. Now I just have to clear out the garden, plant the plants, build the headboard...



But Kyle and I are working on a list for a few projects we'd like to complete before the baby arrives sometime in December. I think we also wanted to make a list of fun things we'd like to do while we're still free-spirits, you know stuff you later have to get a baby sitter to go out and do alone... Anyways, here's the project list so far.

Hess House Pre-Baby Project List:

Plant a Garden

Build a Headboard for Our Bed

Paint the Guest Room and well, turn it into what they call a 'nursery.' I'd love to paint the furniture for the baby room before baby comes too if we have time.

Paint the Hallway for the Wall O' Pictures. I figure since the hallway will be so close to the baby's room it'll be hard to paint the hallway once the baby's here (fumes apparently aren't good for babies). And since I found out that it's easier to paint a wall before hanging a million picture frames on it, I'd love to paint it sooner rather than later. Great part is, I still have some gray paint from the living room and I think it'll be just perfect for the hallway... (Oh and because it's Valspar Ultra paint, it's Low Odor and Zero VOC which makes it all pregnant-lady-friendly!)

Wall O' Frames: At least get it started...

Paint the Desk: I can still dream... I want to paint that desk so bad, but it's definitely a spray paint project. So maybe it will have to wait until after baby OR maybe I'll just go out and get one of those big masks... because let's be honest, I really want to paint the furniture that's in the guest room before baby comes and they say sooner the better (gives it time to 'off gas' before moving into the room with baby).

A lot of painting for some reason. And I know pregnant ladies aren't supposed to paint, so I won't get carried away. There are few other little projects here and there that I want to complete. But I figure we'll have plenty of baby prep to do before then too...

...and my Denise Austin pregnancy workout video came in today with my baby/birth books, so I'm sure I'll be busy sweating it to the oldies and reading up a storm in the next few weeks too...

Happy Friday. Hope you have a wonderful weekend planned. I think I'll be knocking a few things off the list :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...