Jul 26, 2011

Long day: Long story.

So yesterday was a day full of travel. Of sad and happy things, and hot and cold things, and rushing and waiting.

I started the day in the coziness of our Colorado cabin with the forecast a high of 63 and with a Lake City Bakery apple fritter, chocolate donut, and a pint of chocolate milk... but then also a dead marmot. We accidentally hit a marmot on our way to the bakery. I've mourned the loss, and although the marmot won't... we'll be okay.

I said goodbye to my hubby and then was the teary-eyed girl in the airport waiting behind an older couple that wasn't as accustomed as I was to the TSA regulations when moving quickly through security.

Hopped on the plane listened to a cat meow in the cargo bin all flight (which was hilarious), and spent a good few hours in Denver. I went to every terminal walking for exercise, bought lunch, realized the airport had free wi-fi, and made a little nest near my gate. Plane delayed another hour and I was cozy again.

Sat in my 1A seat at the front of the plan next to no one, then realized in the front of the plane there's no "underneath the seat in front of you" spot. So I reluctantly handed my bag over to the flight attendant to put in in her 'closet.' Flight attendant was funny, I got to watch her make all the coffee and everything and she even offered me a beverage after I woke up from my nap :)

Kyle's parents picked me up in Oklahoma to retrieve my car from Kyle's sister's wedding weekend-ness. And low and behold: not only did Kyle's parents put gas in my car, but they washed it, and cleaned it out, and even tried to oil my squeeky clutch. They bought me Arby's, mmm, and I was on my way to Texas.

Did I mention that someone left a sign on my car asking if I wanted to sell it? (I think not, I love my car. Of course they would want to by my 14-year old car that gets 35 mpg, lol).

The road went fast, and a few CDs helped me get through, and then I took a wrong turn out of Dallas and ended up in the wrong town, on the wrong side of town. I was unable to locate my Texas map (because it was in my suitcase), and the GPS was in Colorado.

After pulling over and crying because of exhaustion, the fact that I would get less than 6 hours of sleep before working the next day, and having left my sweet Kyle that morning... I called a friend and God Bless she helped me find the road home.

Lessons learned. I love my husband, my family, and his family and my friends that answer their phones late at night to direct me home. I learned that when going home from Dallas to home take 80 East from the loop to Terrell rather than 30 East. 30 East will just get you lost.  But Rockwall is super nice, and the back side of Terrell is super not nice (so go to the bathroom early if you're traveling 205).  Always take the map out of the suitcase. And if needed, pull over in a nice looking well lit neighborhood and cry.

Crying for a second always helps.

Lessons learned. :) Happy Monday.

1 comment:

  1. OH,Britt,why why did you not come to our house ?? We have bathrooms..not a comfortable couch..but lots of love for our beautiful,all grown-up niece.I'm sure you know, I know what a miserable feeling it is to be lost?? I loved your blogg,but hurt my heart a little too. Please tell me if I did or said something...Bucky has vowed not to talk to me as long as he lives..or until he needs money..ha!Not everyone is as lucky as the "Fab-four"of J&S family !! Love,YOU Ms.Britt


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...