Feb 4, 2013

January in Pictures

Now that I'm all on top of things and working my new job wearing 'professional' clothes I figured I'd better get the January in Pictures up on time this month. I spent the weekend cleaning up my thrift store finds from last weekend and getting the gallery wall up and ready to show you guys. I'm not promising it will be filled with pictures or perfected just yet, but it's just about ready to show off...

Today I'm back to work and wishing I hadn't worked out last week. I worked out ONE TIME and then spent Saturday evening squatting to be the photographer at our little school's Valentine's dance. Did you get that? ONE workout and a few hours of constant squatting in heels and I'm disabled...

Anyways, now healing from my first dance photography gig I present to you January in Pictures. I feel like I'm learning more about photography every month. At least I hope I'm getting better...

I like this first one, because you can see how Lanie (right) is a little sad she just lost the game, but you can see how much fun everyone is having over at the 'we're still not out yet' table.



These next few were great to take. With tons of sunlight and a ground covered in snow there's plenty of lighting for any picture you'd want to take.







A few tries at a different lighting setup. Low lighting, trying not to use a flash at all. I don't have a nice flash yet, and the on camera flash pretty much just blows all the pictures out.





A few project pictures. See I really am going to make those kitchen curtains...



This next one would be my fave of the month. I was able to take the picture exactly how I wanted, and that one's SOOC.


Same with this guy. No editing, just wonderful light. This is a little of that mail organizing system I was telling you about... it's in process.


Not great photography, but it was what I looked at every day at work at my old job. Text books, fake food models, and my signed board for the day I was 'boarded.'


A little camera experiment. This one was f/1.8...


While this one was f/5.


Then a few more...




My beautiful Aunt Billie... Can't say anything about the lighting here or the photography. I had to ask a staff member to take the picture for us so I put the camera on Auto. Still like the subjects :)


Southern Maid Donuts Cream Cheese King Cake... while it's no Market Basket King Cake it was real good .


So that's January. Looking forward to a pretty good February. Maybe I'll get the living room painted this month... and when it warms up I'm so ready to spray paint the desk a fun shade of navy?

Happy Mondays.

Any upcoming projects for you? Anyone still recovering from lactic acid workout buildup... or Super Bowl partying?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...