Sep 3, 2010

Still Moving

So I thought that moving in took a few days... in my previous experience moving in one bedroom into a college dorm/apartment does only take a few days. Moving into a house however, takes quite a while! Our house looks more like a house, but now rather than looking like we're moving in, all the extra stuff just looks like we're either a.) messy or b.) hoarders.

Either way TODAY is the day of ultra cleaning. The only thing on my agenda is organizing the house, and therefore, it's getting done!

I will mention though that throughout the chaos progress has been made. I have changed my name to my married name at the Social Security Administration (only 5 months late, no prob), done quite a bit of processing for my new job, and cooked 2 whole meals!

First night was a wonderful idea I stole from my friend Elizabeth and altered a bit. Wonderful! It was my first night to cook for Kyle since we've been married (due to Colorado and moving, lol) and I was excited for the sit down at the cute table with a candle lit and stare into each others' eyes... however, we don't have a table, I'm not sure what box the candles are in, and it was his night for the Fantasy Football draft, lol. Yep, so until the internet guy gets to the house, he had to sit outside in his car to catch on of the neighbor's wi-fi. So dinner was in the truck, on our new plates, with the glow of the computer screen. But oh the story that will be to tell, much better than any ordinary first dinner.

Okay so I'm getting back to the house cleaning, and when I find my camera I'll add pics of the 'first dinner.' But until then, here's the recipe-ish.

Crispy Chicken Spaghetti (needs a new name)
Serves 4

Ingredients
3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 Packet 'Shake-n-Bake' or Off Brand
1 Tablespoon Olive or Canola Oil
Garlic Powder
Italian Seasoning
1 1/2 Cups Spaghetti Sauce (Your Choice)
2 Cups Noodles (Your Choice)
Family Size Can of Green Beans
Salt and Pepper


Directions
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

2. In a medium sized pot put water to boil for noodles, add salt as desired.

3. Cut Chicken into strips (about an inch wide and 4 inches long).  Pour shake-n-bake mixture into bag provided, add dash of garlic and Italian seasoning. Mix bag. Add two strips, shake bag to coat chicken, remove from bag and place on oiled (olive or canola) non-stick cookie sheet.

4. Cook chicken for approximately 15 minutes flipping chicken halfway through cooking. To check for doneness, check temperature of chicken breast. Should be 180 degrees F.

5. While chicken is cooking, once water is boiling add noodles to water cook approx. 8-10 minutes until al dente.

6. Drain noodles, add spaghetti sauce to pot with noodles and simmer on low until bubbling.

7. Place green beans in microwave-safe dish and heat until warm. (I usually steam frozen green beans, but our lack of a refrigerator right now made me buy canned).

8. Serve 2-3 strips of chicken atop 1 cup cooked pasta with green beans on the side...and enjoy.

More to come, but I've got to clean. :) Pictures of the place soon... once it's picture worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...