Nov 4, 2015

Lincoln: Ten Months

Note: Yes, today IS Lincoln's birthday. My baby turns ONE! Here on the blog we'll finish the monthly countdown in the next few days. Today I'll be celebrating my little man and as soon as I can in the next few posts I'll be sharing the birthday madness!

Ten Months
September 2015



Ten Months

Lincoln,

Welcome back to Texas my sweet little boy. This summer while we were in Colorado I tried to tell you about our Texas home, but the cool air and the mountains and the aspen trees won you over. So I waited until the last few days of mountain air and I started to remind you about our Texas home and our family and our friends and all the people that love you here 'down south.'


But it was sad to leave your Colorado family. It hurt my heart to see your face when you were searching the dining hall for all your 'camp friends' when the tables were all empty. Later when other guests arrived you searched their faces, holding close to your momma and looking at me as if you really were asking who these new people were and where your friends had gone. The part that hurts the most is that I know it will happen every summer. You'll fall in love with our camp staff and then every year we'll leave. My prayer is that your heart will know the love that waits for you in our communities 'down south' and that you'll enjoy the two lives we have for you.

But today we're in Texas.

I'm sorry you are sweating.

All. The. Time.

It's hot here. I know. Last year you were in my belly so we were even hotter!


Now that we're back we went to the doc who says you are growing just fine. Technically you were a little under on your height and weight but the doc said that breastfed babies tend to do that at your age. Your head is still measuring a whopping 95th percentile. Maybe your brain is just ginormous or maybe you take after your daddy, either way we have to buy extra large hats for you already.


You've been eating like a champ and are most willing to try new things. You've tried almost every fruit and vegetable but your favorites right now are frozen green beans and fresh whole peaches. You just tried meat for the very first time when we were in Louisiana for Labor Day: Grandpa's steak. I think it was a fine first meat choice. You can put away some yogurt, but your ultimate favorite is cheese. Doesn't matter what kind, you sir, go for the cheese first every. single. time.

Labor Day weekend was also your first time in the swimming pool and although you screamed at first, you loved it second. Grandma and Grandpa were snapping pictures and tying umbrellas to the pool railing making a big fuss over you. I can tell already that they love you more than you'll ever realize. Let's just say that Grandpa was singing as he carried you into church.


Milestones are passing quickly and you almost have your first tooth. It's right there ready to come in any day now. I check it every ten seconds so that I'll know the very moment that it's here. You don't crawl yet, although everyone asks, and I'm not worried one bit. I didn't exactly put you on the rocks in Colorado to see if you'd crawl so you haven't gotten much practice. Everywhere we go people want to hold you, so maybe someday you'll crawl. Until then I'm trying to 'baby proof' the house as fast as I can.


You sleep now. Finally about 9 to 10 hours a night and you go down for naps without a fuss. It's been a long road in the sleep department Buddy so thanks for that.

Most of all, we love you. Life has been an adventure with you. You are filled with a great joy and you spread that joy so easily. I'll catch you waving and smiling and giving a flirty head tilt to almost anyone we see. Especially strangers, especially strangers who work at checkout registers actually. I'm not sure why that is. People stop to smile at you almost everywhere we go. My prayer is that you will someday spread the joy of the Lord and that it is the passion of your heart.

We love you sweet boy. Happy 10 Months.

Mom






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...