Mar 2, 2015

If You Want to Join Me

So there are a lot of things I want to do. They span many topics from home repair to watercolor to lawn maintenance to writing and maybe even one day a PhD in nutrition or something. Really it depends on the day. I can run on a whim, I start a lot of things, I have a lot of ideas.

And I've told you I've been working on that: the planning and the dreaming and all. I've been working on finding ways to focus on the things that matter most, and how to not let the things that are simply more 'present' take all my time.

But also my planner has been on backorder and it's crippled me more than a normal person should be crippled by a missing planner.

Yes. I still use a paper planner. I use paper for all kinds of things and as much as I love a computer there are some things my hand just needs to write.

But if I'm being honest, lately I don't always have two hands.

And well, since my 'feed the baby' timer is my cell phone, it is always, always in arms reach. And it only takes one hand to work it. Which is somehow crazy important while holding a sleeping baby.

But now that you think I'm rambling into nothing, let me tell you why.


There is another thing I want to do. Something that I think as a Christian I am called to do.

I want to memorize scripture.

Yes, yes, I know you have the Bible memorized already, but, truth is, I don't.

I know scripture. I know the stories. I know many references and many truths. God's word is, to me, the be all end all of truth. Even the best quotes are often opinions or perceptions, but God's word is true. His word has been my stronghold in the past year and a half. When faced with seemingly impossible circumstances, scripture is always there to remind me of the Lord's truth over my emotional brain's 'conclusions' about the world.

For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of the soul and spirit, of joints and marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.
Hebrews 4:12

And since every week I work with K-2nd graders who memorize a verse each week, I figure it's time I joined the game.

So I'm working on a little something to help me with that. Planner-less, phone in hand - me.

And you, if you have a cell phone, and you are looking to memorize more scripture, maybe you too will join me. One verse a week, in hopefully a very easy convenient way to remember it and have it with you always.

I'm pretty pumped about it.

And if you want to join me, I'm willing to tell you all about it...

... on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...